- what categories of your data are collected and used?
- who is responsible for your personal data?
- why and how do we collect your data?
- who sees, receives, and uses your information and why?
- how long do we store your data?
- what are your rights to data protection and how can you exercise them?
- contact details of the person responsible
- contact details of our data protection officer
- information about cookies
- the Privacy Notice for Facebook
1. WHO IS EMPLOYED AS THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
2. WHICH CATEGORIES OF YOUR DATA ARE COLLECTED AND USED?
When you visit our website and use our comparison service (as a "user") or then purchase our services or register to use our services (as a "customer"), we collect the following categories of your personal information:
2.1. Personal Information You Provide to Us
2.2. If you register an account in the Personal Area or use your account, you may provide us with information as set out below:
2.3. Personal data collected automatically on our website, by telephone, in communications and/or by third parties
3. Why do we collect your data?
In general, we use your personal information to provide you with the service you request, process payments and provide customer service, send you marketing and promotional communications, notify you of significant changes to our website, and offer you our content and advertisements that we think may be of interest to you. More specifically: For the performance of a contract or for actions taken in connection with a contract (i.e., to provide the products and/or services you have requested and/or to resolve any ambiguities or to assist you):
- To establish and maintain the contractual relationship set up to provide you with the desired product and/or service at any stage and through any possible integration and modification, or to carry out pre-contractual actions at the request of the person concerned (e.g. simplify your bookings and receive payments; respond to your questions and concerns; manage your account). Information relating to the provision of the Service and/or to resolve any ambiguities and to assist you by e-mail, telephone, SMS, recorded calls, or other similar technologies. Please note that if your call is disconnected or interrupted in the middle of a call, we will call you back at your telephone number to respond to your request. To pursue our legitimate interests (i.e. to manage and improve our products, services, and day-to-day operations):
- In accordance with applicable laws, to occasionally invite you to participate in our surveys via e-mail, telephone, SMS, recorded calls, or other similar technologies so that you can share your experience as a recipient of the Service with us. We use your feedback to develop and improve our services. Based on the analysis of your feedback, we may consider whether it is necessary to contact you in order to provide you with an answer regarding the submission of your survey. You may notify us at any time if you no longer wish to receive surveys by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that your participation in the survey is voluntary and that the fact that you prefer not to participate will not affect you.To comply with laws (i.e., to provide personal information to regulators):
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements and regulations regarding compliance and to respond to inquiries from government or law enforcement agencies in the course of an investigation. To pursue our legitimate interests (i.e., to improve our website, its features, products, and services):
- To perform aggregated statistical analysis of anonymous groups or to analyze identifiable behavior of individuals to see how our website, products, and services are used and how our business performs. Soft Opt-in / To pursue our legitimate interests (i.e., marketing):
- To send you (to the extent permitted by law and unless you have opted out) promotional material about products and services similar to those you have already purchased and offered on our Site by e-mail or, where permitted by law, through other electronic communication channels. In some cases, we may send you a personalized, customized version of the above promotional material. Where you give your consent (by ticking the appropriate box):
- To keep our website and systems secure and to prevent fraud, security breaches, and other criminal activity.To pursue our legitimate interests (i.e. to comply with our Terms and Conditions, to protect our rights in the event of any dispute or claim):
- To verify compliance with our Terms and Conditions and to enforce, exercise, or defend any claim.Where you give your consent (i.e., through the cookie banner or through your browser settings):
- In accordance with applicable laws to record and monitor calls to and from our customer service for contractual reasons, quality assurance, analysis, employee training and/or to protect us in the event of litigation. Where we rely on legitimate interest as a basis for processing your personal information, we will conduct an evaluation to ensure that the use of your data is legitimate and that our legitimate interests do not override your fundamental rights to privacy ('Weighing Up Check'). Contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com for more information about the WeighAhead Check.
4. WHO SEES, RECEIVES AND USES YOUR DATA AND WHY?
4.1. Categories of recipients of your data
4.2. International transfer of your data
5. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
From date of purchase, 10 years: Booking data (name, address, contact information, PNR, booking code, date of birth, ID number, date of issue, expiry date, country of issue, type), including:Product InformationCustomer contact data that is stored in theRelated to the heading Employees (e.g. notes/events in the back office)purchase dateSpecial Services" in the Check-out section From the date of the last interaction, 10 years:Account information (see Personal Area):User, PasswordRegistration in the social mediapurchase date 10 years from the date the email was sent: Customer service emails (confirmation, schedule change/cancellation, offer, penalties, reminder, refund option, voucher/payment, massive messages), including customer enquiries/complaints by email From record date, 3 years: Records of the customer centre for contractual reasons From the date of the call, 1 month: Recorded calls for quality purposes From request date, 3 years: Chat (customer/user) Ten years: Reports or complaints From date of purchase, 10 years: Contractual documents (acceptance protocol) Not retained: Credit card details From the termination of the financial transaction, 10 years: Financial and transaction information From the rejection of the transaction for fraud, 5 years: Transaction-based fraud monitoring data From the date of the survey, 1 month: Surveys
DATA USED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES (CRM)
From the consent or renewal of consent through interaction with marketing communications, 5 years: Data used for marketing activities to reach customers/users who require their prior consent or under the soft opt-in procedure
DATA COLLECTED PER DAY
From the date on which you navigate on our website, max. 3 years: Technical cookies, From the date of consent, max. 1 year: No technical cookies
6. WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
7. CONTACT DATA OF THE RESPONSIBLE PROCEDURES
Grostonas street 19 – 36, Riga, Latvia, LV-1013,Registration number: 40103399358
8. INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
8.1. Depending on which company manages the device or domain from which the cookie originates and is processed, a distinction can be made between the following cookies:
Own cookies: are sent from a domain or device to your terminal that is managed by us and from which the service you request is provided.Third Party Cookies: are sent from a device or domain to your terminal that is not managed by us, but by another company that processes the information provided through cookies.
Types of cookies depending on the period for which they remain activated
Depending on the period during which cookies remain activated on the end device, we differentiate: Session cookies are a type of cookie designed to collect and store information when you visit the Website. These cookies are not stored on your terminal when the session expires or when your browser is closed on the terminal.Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored on your device. They are retrievable and can be processed after you have left the website and even if you navigate the website for a predetermined period of time. The cookie is stored on the hard drive until its coded expiry date is reached. The maximum duration of persistent cookies that we use on our website is 2 years. At the end of this period, the browser deletes the persistent cookies from the hard disk.
Types of cookies depending on their intended use
Depending on the intended use for which the data provided via cookies is processed, we differentiate:
- Technical cookies: are mandatory for the website to function properly. In addition, they are essential so that you can visit our website and use the various functions. Without these cookies, it is not possible to start search queries, make comparisons and bookings or use other services on the website.
- Personalized cookies: are used to help you navigate the site, recognize your preferences, and provide you with personalized features. In some cases, we may allow advertisers or other third parties to place cookies on our website to provide personalized content and services. If you reject cookies, we cannot guarantee the correct functioning of the website.
- Analytic cookies for statistical purposes and to measure website traffic: collect information about the use of the website, the pages viewed and any errors that may occur during navigation. We also use these cookies to track the origin of the page views on our website. These cookies do not collect any information that can be used to identify you. The information is collected anonymously and used to improve the functioning of the website and is also used for statistical purposes. For this reason, these cookies do not contain any personal data. In some cases, these cookies are managed by third parties on our behalf, but they are not allowed to be used for purposes other than those mentioned here.
9. Privacy Notice for Facebook
9.1. Facebook Custom Audience - Facebook Pixels
9.2. Facebook SDK
We use the code module "Software Development Kit (SDK)" from Facebook in our app. The Facebook SDK is published and maintained by Facebook Inc, 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA or, if you reside in the EU, by Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland. This integration allows us to link various Facebook services to our app (i.e. Facebook Analytics, Facebook Ads, Facebook Login via SDK, Facebook Account Ki, Facebook Share, Facebook Graph API and Facebook App Events). In particular, we have connected the following SDK Facebook services to our app: Facebook Login: So you can login or log in with your Facebook account. Facebook App Events: To understand the actions of users in our app and measure the effectiveness of your mobile app advertising. We use this service to evaluate the reach of our advertising campaigns and use of the Facebook SDK. Facebook only provides us with an aggregated analysis of user behavior within our app. Because our app is linked to SDK Facebook Services, we are required to follow Facebook's guidelines, i.e. we are required to provide Facebook with the information listed below when you download the app, even if you have not logged into a social media platform:
- Anonymous online identifier;
- Information that you downloaded our app;
- Type of device you used to download the app;
- Type designation of your device;
- Your geographic area;
- Your time zone;
- Your Internet service provider;
- The size and density of the display device;
- CPU cores of your device;
- The external storage capacity of your device in GB;
- The free memory on the external memory of your device in GB;
- Time zone of the device.